Thursday, October 28, 2010

Swilt: OC Market Place Report

Good evening reader !!!

I wish I could reach out and excitingly shake each and every one of the readers of this blog!! This past Saturday and Sunday Team Swilt took to the streets of the Orange County fair grounds and presented the Swilt, for the very first time, to anyone who dared to be amazed !!! Here is the scoop:
Saturday: 
On both days we needed to arrive at the OC Market Place by 5:45 am, which meant a wake up time of 3:30 am .... yeah, that thought that just popped into your head is what I was feeling both mornings !!! That feeling,however, lasted only seconds as I was waking up to such a huge event in the history of The Swilt. 
All week I was hoping for cooler weather, I definitely didn’t want the type of weather that warranted massive amounts of frozen lemonade and margarita sales. I wanted cool temps, hot cocoa weather, Earls Gray type conditions.... thank you mother nature for giving me Hurricane Bartholomew !! Team Swilt arrived at the OC Market Place amidst a pretty decent downpour, but I was not going to let some water get in the middle of ...  HIISSTTOORRYY!!!!!
Yes, ladies and gents, history was made on Saturday, as the first Swilt ever was sold !! On October 23rd, at 1:39pm, a middle aged couple walked up to the booth, asked for the price, wanted a brief explanation of the product and purchased it. This transaction took all of 2-3 minutes, but was an achievement with hundreds if not thousands of man-hours behind it. The feeling behind the first sale was quite unique, because I am not selling an old computer because I upgraded, or used clothes because I lost weight... I am selling something that was an original image in my mind, which I made into a reality. It was a product that, up until I saw the publics reaction on Saturday and Sunday, was always just .00000000009% unsure how the general public would really react. Well, they reacted and I was not disappointed !!!
Sunday:
3:30am on Sunday ( ohhh there goes that thought again), started off much better. First it was dry and second it was sunny, but cool temps. Foot traffic was 2-fold and Team Swilt made the best of this and rearranged the booth making it more inviting; we also decided to present the enlarged pictures of the Swilt right next to each other, in an attempt to  
resolve the issue of people thinking that the Swilt was a “ blanket with sleeves”. Our plan worked perfectly, as the pictures below will show you, our second setup allowed people to walk into the booth, feel the product, investigate on their own and get them within reach of the Swilts' awesome features !! 
This move of ours paid big dividends, as we sold more Swilts than the first day, were approached by more people than on Saturday and heard less about “ a blanket with sleeves” look-alike and more about the Swilt as its’ own new, unique, and awesome product. Words cannot explain how ridiculously confident and excited I am about the direction of the Swilt. When random people says things like “ this is an awesome product” , “ the Snuggie has nothing on this”, “ this is a sharp product” , and “ how cool is this” .. it makes me feel great and makes the ride, that is the launch of the Swilt, easy and exciting !!

p.s. This past Monday, the day after the Swilts’ OC Market Place IPO, my father was wearing the Swilt at my nephews football practice. Sitting down with the Swilt in head-to-toe mode ( as a full body cover), he decided to get his digital camera from his car and stood up to work a lil’ swilt magic ... by that I mean convert it back into a sweater ( aka. on-the-go mode) so he could walk back to his car. As he finished snapping the Swilt into place, a lady stopped and asked him, what was the name of the product she just saw get converted from a full body cover into a sweater. He started talking to her about the Swilt and called me right after the incident. Awesome !!!!



Hurricane Bartholomew !!

rain, rain, go away !!

New setup .. great idea!!

more inviting, more people, more sales !!


1 comment: