Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Swilt ... My quest to LIVE !!

Normally when people speak of their “will to live” they are talking about some type of life and death situation. A situation that could end in their non-existence. A week or so ago, while the TV was on and I was busy cleaning my bedroom, something caught my attention. It was the final episode of a reality series I follow closely, and one of the participants of the show was recapping his experience as he lived through this apocalyptic experiment of survival. What he concluded at the end of the show was a powerful understanding about his “will to live”, that was always within him. This “will to live” he said, was such a phenomenal and powerful force, that he and the group accomplished things he never would have thought possible given the circumstances. He made it clear that he made it through the experiment solely on a “will to live”.
This caught my attention because in that moment upon hearing about someone’s “will to live”, I was on the mental edge of the entrepreneurial cliff and there were 101 problems that were slowly pushing me over. As destiny would have it, I heard this man speak and it transported me to a place where I used my “ will to live” to step away from the cliff and continue my adventure as Inventor of the Swilt and Founder of Do Work Industries. 
Now grant it, my life was not endanger, but what was at stake was my belief in a life choice of “ living to die” vs. “ dying to live”.  Since January of 2009 I have invested massive amounts of more than just the obvious, money,  but hope, faith, imagination, and time. In the best moments, the thought of Do Work Industries and the Swilt taking off like the latest iphone release, meant a life fulfilled. A life where regrets would be far and few between ....  a life where saying “ maybe next time” to Hayden, my son, would be rare. 
And it is with this passion, this attitude, this WILL that in January 2009, I took an idea that I had walked around with for four years and ... well, did something with it !!!! I refined a product idea, I founded a company, I filed for a patent, I directed a photo shoot, I flew to Tianjin, China and sat across the table from a Chinese lady  (who was probably asking herself - what the hell is this guy doing here) and negotiated a price point for my first order of Swilts (as I was also thinking to myself - what the hell am I doing here) .....but the best thing I did do... before any of the fore mentioned, was that I decided to live !!!!


p.s.  I hope my 1st blog was not too emotional, but with almost two years of my life invested in this venture, you have to realize how emotionally charged the launch of the Swilt can be for me, my family, and friends. I truly believe I have crafted an awesome product, which is now available at www.theswilt.com.  Please support my business and keep checking with this blog, which I will update weekly, at the least !!!
Thank you, 

No comments:

Post a Comment